F, #1015, b. 30 January 1781, d. 18 November 1867
|Father||John Whiting2 d. Nov 1811|
|Relationship||4th great-grandmother of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Charts||Ancestors of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Last Edited||19 Feb 2018|
|Baptism*||30 January 1781||Freiston, Lincolnshire;|
Betsy Daughter of John & Elizabeth Whiting4
|Married Name||13 June 1808||Whiley5|
|Marriage*||13 June 1809||Friskney, Lincolnshire;|
Banns of Marriage between William Whiley & Betsey Whiting both of this Parish were published on the three following Sundays viz, Sunday the 28th of May, Sunday the 4th & Sunday 11th of June and no impedement alleged
William Whiley of this Parish Bachelor and Betsy Whiting of this Parish Spinster were
married in this Church by Banns this thirteenth Day of June in the Year one Thousand Eight Hundred and nine by me Edward Booth Curate
This Marriage was solemnized between Us:
William Whiley his mark
In the Presence of:
Margy Shelton;Groom=William Whiley5
|Death of Daughter||August 1811||Friskney, Lincolnshire;Deceased=Mary Whiley6|
|Death of Father||November 1811||Wainfleet St Mary, Lincolnshire;Principal=John Whiting7|
|Death of Son||March 1815||Friskney, Lincolnshire;Principal=Isaac Whiley8|
|Birth of Son||26 March 1816||Friskney, Lincolnshire;Principal=Isaac Whiley1|
|Death of Spouse||8 April 1838||Friskney, Lincolnshire;|
When and where died: Eighth of April 1838, Friskney
Name and surname: William Whiley
Age: 48 years
Occupation: Keeper of a Bar Shop
Cause of death: Verdict "temporary derangement produced by excessive drinking"
Signature, description and residence of informant: C Mastin, Coroner, Boston;Principal=William Whiley9
|Census 1841*||6 June 1841||Fold Hill, Friskney, Lincolnshire;Betsey Whiley, 60, Publican, In County|
John Whiley, 25, Brewer, In County
Sarah Whiley, 35,, In County
Joseph Whiley, 6,, In County
Maria Whiley, 1,, In County10
|Immigration*||1 November 1844||"Dublin", Sydney, NSW, Australia;|
Betsey Whiley, steerage passenger, "Dublin" left the Downs July 5th, Plymouth July 10th and St Jago July 25th11
|News-Arct||2 November 1844||"The Australian", Sydney, NSW, Australia;|
SHIPPING INTELLIGENCE. .
Nov. 1 — The barque Dublin, 429 tons, Jones, master, from London the 2nd, the Downs the 5th, Plymouth, the 10th, and St. Jago's the 25th July, with a general cargo. Passengers, Mrs. Bingle, two Misses and Master Bingle, Mr and Mrs. John Edgar, Miss Challinger, Mr. Hodgkinson, Mr Mitcalfe, Mr. M'Crae, Mr. Hawley; Intermediate, Mr. Finlay Campbell, Mr. Charles Deans, Mr. Henry Broome, Mr. W E Hawksley, Miss Eliza Mayo, Mr M. Gordon, Mr. Thomas L. Amphelby, Mr. Frederick Adams, Mr. James Percival, Mr. John Roden, Miss Eliza Roden, Miss B. Whiley, Miss Size, and Mr. W. Howard.12
|Death*||18 November 1867||Bull's Hill, Near Liverpool, NSW, Australia;|
Name: Mary Whiley
Date of Death: 18 Nov 1867
Place of Death: Bull's Hill Nr Liverpool
Place of Birth: Lincoln England
Time in Aust Colonies: 14 years NSW
Father: John Whiting
Place of Marriage: England
Age at Marriage: 29
Name of Spouse: William Whiley
Children of Marriage: 5 females and 2 males living, 1 male and 1 female dead
Informant: John Creasy, Bull's Hill Nr Liverpool
Cause of Death: 1. Ossification of the arteries 2. Paralysis
Length of Illness:
Medical Attendant: N Brown M.D. Parramatta
Date Last Seen:
Date of Burial: 20 Nov 1867
Place of Burial: Church of England Burial ground Prospect
Minister & Religion: J Donkin, Church of England
Undertaker: Jordan Sparks Parramatta
|Burial*||20 November 1867||St Bartholomews, Prospect, NSW, Australia;|
|News-Arct*||14 December 1867||"The Sydney Morning Herald", NSW, Australia;|
On the 18th of November, at Bull's Hill, near Prospect, Mrs. BETSY WHILEY, aged 87 years, mother of Mr. Isaac Whiley, Redfern, and formerly of Friskney, Lincolnshire, England.13
|William Whiley b. 21 Sep 1783, d. 8 Apr 1838|
- [S11] Chris Connolly.
- [S932] IGI batch C028392 - Freiston, Lincolnshire.
- [S1605] England Marriages, 1538-1973, online https://familysearch.org, John Whiting & Elizabeth Swain 1779.
- [S1540] Microfilm of the Baptisms of Freiston, Lincolnshire, 1657-1895 (Film 1542144).
- [S1606] Lincolnshire parish registers, 1538-1911, online https://findmypast.com, marriage William Whiley & Betsey Whiting 1809.
- [S1606] Lincolnshire parish registers, 1538-1911, online https://findmypast.com, burial Mary Whiley 1811.
- [S1547] Findmypast Lincolnshire parish registers, online http://www.findmypast.com
- [S1424] National Burial Index.
- [S14] Death Certificate.
- [S1420] 1841 Census for Friskney.
- [S1297] The Ships list.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Australian, Saturday, November 2, 1844.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, "The Sydney Morning Herald", Saturday, December 14, 1867.
- [S26] IGI batch C028401 - Friskney, Lincolnshire.
- [S1423] Unknown author, "Fiona Langdon," e-mail to unknown recipient.