Ellen Mary May Sclanders1
F, #7076, b. 19 July 1924, d. 13 April 2013
|Father||Sidney Roy Sclanders1 b. 11 Jan 1893, d. 6 Jun 1967|
|Mother||Lucy Madeline Bickhoff1 d. 29 Dec 1968|
|Relationship||3rd cousin 1 time removed of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Last Edited||18 Sep 2018|
|Birth*||19 July 1924||Port Broughton, SA, Australia1|
|Married Name||19 July 1945||Draganoff2|
|Marriage*||19 July 1945||St Laurence's, North Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
On July 19, at St. Laurence's Church, North Adelaide, the marriage was celebrated of Ellen Mary (Topsy), eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. S. R. Sclanders, of Snowtown, to Ivan, only son of Mr. I. Draganoff, of Adelaide. The wedding ceremony, followed by Nuptial Mass, was celebrated by the Rev. Fr. Fogarty, O.P.
The Bride, who entered the church on the arm of her father, was frocked in a bridal gown of beautiful white slipper satin, cut on tailored lines, with a double circular skirt. The finger-tip veil of chantilly lace was held in place with a spray of white roses.
The Bride was attended by her sister, Miss Teresa Sclanders, who wore a low-waisted frock of white organdie, and a white lace veil, held in place with a spray of pink roses.
The best man was Mr. D. Toteff. The reception was held at Bohemian Cafe.
For travelling the Bride chose a lavender blue silk crepe frock, worn with a black lightweight coat and black accessories.
The Bride and Bridegroom afterwards left amidst showers of confetti and rose-petals for their honeymoon.
The Bride travelled in a burgundy marocain frock, with brown accessories.;Groom=Ivan Draganoff2
|News-Arct*||20 March 1951||"The News", Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
Orders for divorce
Orders nisi for divorce were granted by the Chief Justice in the Supreme Court today in the following undefended actions—
Ellen Mary May Draganoff, of Wellington square, North Adelaide, against Ivan Ivanoff Draganoff, formerly of Snowtown, now of unknown address, for desertion. Mr. Alderman for Mrs. Draganoff.
|News-Arct*||28 December 1951||"The News", Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
The engagement is announced of Nell, eldest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. S. R. Sclanders, of Snowtown, to Mervyn, younger son of Mrs. C. M. Welke, also of Snowtown, and the late Mr. J. Welke.
|Married Name||circa 1952||Welke4|
|Marriage*||circa 1952||SA, Australia;Groom=Mervyn Welke4|
|Death of Father||6 June 1967||Snowtown, SA, Australia;Principal=Sidney Roy Sclanders5|
|Death of Mother||29 December 1968||Gladstone, SA, Australia;|
age 80;Principal=Lucy Madeline Bickhoff6
|Death of Spouse||4 April 2013||SA, Australia;|
Aged 88 years;Principal=Mervyn Welke7
|Death*||13 April 2013||SA, Australia8|
|Mervyn Welke d. 4 Apr 2013|
- [S1696] Findmypast South Australia Births 1842-1928 Transcription, online http://www.findmypast.com/, Ellen Mary May Sclanders 1924.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Southern Cross, Friday, August 24, 1945.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The News, Tuesday, March 20, 1951.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The News, Friday, December 28, 1951.
- [S1654] Findmypast South Australia Deaths 1842-1972 Transcription, online http://www.findmypast.com/, Sydney Roy Sclanders 1967.
- [S1654] Findmypast South Australia Deaths 1842-1972 Transcription, online http://www.findmypast.com/, Lucy Madeline Sclanders 1968.
- [S1788] White Lady Funerals, online https://www.heavenaddress.com, Mervyn Eric Welke 2013.
- [S1788] White Lady Funerals, online https://www.heavenaddress.com, Ellen Mary May Welke 2013.