F, #12137, b. 31 January 1881, d. 21 November 1973
|Relationship||2nd cousin 3 times removed of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Last Edited||24 Sep 2022|
|Birth*||31 January 1881 ||Dubbo, NSW, Australia1 |
|Married Name||11 December 1898 ||McGowan2 |
|Marriage*||11 December 1898 ||Dubbo, NSW, Australia;Groom=William Donald McGowan2 |
|Death of Father||3 September 1912 ||Trangie, NSW, Australia;|
The death occurred on Tuesday last at his residence, Trangie, of a very old resident of the district in the person of Mr. Edward Richard Lees, aged 85 years, the cause of demise being senile decay. The deceased gentleman was born in Pitt-street, Sydney, in the year 1827, his father, a carpenter, having emigrated from England to the land of promise. The subject of this notice, seized at an early age with the gold fever, visited in turn the Lachlan, Turon, Sofala, Lambing Flat and other fields, without, however, meeting with much success. He then engaged in farming and dairying pursuits on the Lachlan, afterwards removing to Dubbo and later to this town. He was attended in his last illness by Dr. Noel Docker, but nothing could be done beyond making the "passing of the spirit to its Eternal Home" calm and peaceful. His wife pre-deceased him by some 20 years.;Principal=Edward Richard Lees3
|Married Name||16 July 1915 ||Evans4 |
|Marriage*||16 July 1915 ||Narromine, NSW, Australia;Groom=John Benson Evans4 |
|Death*||21 November 1973 ||Narromine, NSW, Australia5 |
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 11376/1881 Jessie Lee.
- [S1481] NSW Marriage Indexes, 7717/1898 William D McGowan & Jessie Lees.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Dubbo Dispatch, Friday, September 13, 1912.
- [S1481] NSW Marriage Indexes, 12932/1915 John B Evans & Jessie McGowan.
- [S1473] NSW Death Indexes, 67161/1973 Jessie Evans.
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 25273/1915 Sylvia M McGowan.