F, #9540, b. 4 June 1886, d. 16 December 1954
|Father||George Davis1 d. 26 Jul 1926|
|Mother||Janet Whiley1 b. 19 Aug 1864, d. 23 Jan 1907|
|Relationship||2nd cousin 3 times removed of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Last Edited||20 May 2021|
|Birth*||4 June 1886||Spring Hill, NSW, Australia1|
|Baptism||1 September 1886||Holy Trinity Church, Orange, NSW, Australia1|
|Death of Mother||23 January 1907||Orange, NSW, Australia;|
A VERY SAD DEATH.
It is our painful duty to-day to record the death, under very sad circumstances, of an esteemed resident of Bathurst Road, in the person of Mrs. Jeanette Davis, wife of Mr. Geo. Davis. The deceased, lady was 43 years of age, and had been a resident of the district, part of which time was spent in Springhill, for the past 22 years She had been a great sufferer from heart troubles for many years, and eventually succumbed at the hospital, to which she was admitted in a very weak condition, yesterday. The circumstances are very sad inasmuch as a family of ten children (two of whom, twins, are only a week old) are left with the father to mourn their irreparable loss. Deceased was a sister of Mrs F. A. Collins. The funeral takes place this afternoon, Mrs M. A Hale being charge of the obsequies.;Principal=Janet Whiley2
|Married Name||16 May 1908||West3|
|Marriage*||16 May 1908||Millthorpe, NSW, Australia;Groom=Frederick West3|
|Death of Father||26 July 1926||Orange Hospital, Orange, NSW, Australia;|
MR. GEORGE DAVIS.
The grim reaper claimed yet another of our old district residents on Monday night last, in the person of Mr. George Davis, who passed away at the Orange Hospital, after suffering for five weeks from internal trouble. Deceased was 76 years of age, and came to this district to live when quite young, later marrying Miss Janet Whiley, of Spring Hill, who predeceased her husband 19 years ago. For a lengthy period Mr. Davis successfully carried on farming pursuits at Spring Hill, from whence he removed to Orange on the death of his wife. He was of the fine old pioneering type and was held in the highest esteem by a large circle of friends and acquaintances. Nine children survive a devoted father, viz., Mrs. F. West (Sydney), Mrs. Walter Davis (Cumnock), Mrs. Charles Tandy (Orange), Mrs. Sutcombe and Miss Ada Davis (Sydney), Arthur (Orange), George (Sydney), and Henry and Alfred (Melbourne). Messrs James (Richmond), Harry (Orange) and Rawson (Cumnock), and Mrs. W. Agland (Millthorpe) are brothers and sister of deceased. The funeral will take place this afternoon in the Church of England portion of the Orange cemetery.;Principal=George Davis4
|Death*||16 December 1954||Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia;|
WEST, Grace.—December 16, 1954, suddenly at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, of 10 Campbell Street, Glebe, dearly loved wife of Alfred and loved mother of Alf, Harold, Ruth (Mrs. Clarke), Grace (Mrs. J. Farr), and Dorothy (Mrs. Collins ), aged 68 years.5
- [S168] Orange Parish Records, baptism Grace Davis 1886.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Leader (Orange), Thursday, January 24, 1907.
- [S1481] NSW Marriage Indexes, 5240/1908 Frederick West & Grace Davis.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Leader (Orange), Wednesday, July 28, 1926.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Sydney Morning Herald, Friday, December 17, 1954.
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 27855/1908 Frederick G West.
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 28410/1909 Arthur C West.
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 19190/1911 Alfred W West.
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 50273/1913 Ruth West.
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 50272/1913 Grace West.
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 30403/1919 Harold A West.
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes, 32749/1920 Phyllis West.