F, #9, b. 6 December 1826, d. 12 March 1867
|Father||Benjamin Thomas1 b. 5 Jul 1801, d. Aug 1852|
|Mother||Margaret Edmonds1 b. 24 Jan 1802, d. Feb 1863|
|Relationship||2nd great-grandmother of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Charts||Ancestors of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Last Edited||28 May 2019|
|Birth*||6 December 1826||Ludgvan, Cornwall2|
|Baptism||22 April 1827||Ludgvan, Cornwall;|
Jane daughter of Benjamin & Margaret Thomas, Ludgvan, miner born 6 Dec 18262
|Census 1841||6 June 1841||Market Place, Penzance, Cornwall;|
Alfred Martin, 30, Attorney's Cl, Born in County
Jane Thomas, 15, F.S, Born in County3
|Marriage*||15 April 1848||Madron, Cornwall;|
John Bassett, 24, Batchelor, Shoemaker, Penzance, father John Bassett shoemaker
Jane Thomas, 22, Spinster,, Penzance, father Benjamin Thomas miner
Witnesses John Bassett & T Read;Groom=John Bassett4
|Married Name||15 April 1848||Bassett4|
|Emigration*||9 September 1848||"William Money", Plymouth, Devon;The William Money departed Plymouth 9 September 1848. The 835 ton ship, captained by J. M. Buckley, was built in 1820 and after voyage of 105 days arrived in Port Adelaide, SA, on 3 January 1849.;Emigrant=John Bassett|
|Immigration*||3 January 1849||"William Money", Port Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
WE HEREBY CERTIFY that the "William Money" took her final Departure from the Port of Plymouth about 5 o'clock PM., on the 19th day of Septr, 1848, and is now on her way to Adelaide, So. Australia having on board the following Emigrants, who have embarked under Authoirty from the Colonial Land and Emigration Commissioners, or their Officer, viz.-
Bassett, John, 23
Bassett, Jane, 21;Immigrant=John Bassett5
|Death of Father||August 1852||Nogoby, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall;Principal=Benjamin Thomas6|
|Death of Mother||February 1863||Church Town, St Just in Penwith, Cornwall;Principal=Margaret Edmonds7|
|Illness*||16 December 1865||Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
Ad. No.: 983
Given names: Jane
Date and year of Admission: 16/12/1865
Marital Status: M
Residence: Mount Pleasant
Birthplace: Cornwall, England
Time in Colony: 17y
Ship by which arrived: William Money
Date of Death if applicable:
|Death*||12 March 1867||Mount Pleasant, SA, Australia;|
When Died: 12th March 1867
Name and Surname: Jane Bassett
Rank or Profession: wife of John Bassett, Shoemaker, Mt Pleasant
Usual Residence: Mt Pleasant
Cause of Death: Syncopsy consequent on long duration of Dropsy, Geo H Robinson M.D.
Place where Death occurred: Mount Pleasant9
|Burial*||13 March 1867||Tungkillo Cemetery, SA, Australia10|
|John Bassett b. 1 Aug 1824, d. 14 Nov 1897|
- [S25] IGI batch C020962 - Ludgvan, Cornwall.
- [S1381] Cornwall Online Parish Clerk, baptism Jane Thomas 1827.
- [S1675] Ancestry 1841 Census, online https://ancestry.com
- [S202] Copy marriage certificate of John Bassett and Jane Thomas, married 15 Apr 1848 in the Registration District of Penzance.
- [S1762] State Records of Sout Australia Passenger Lists, online https://www.archives.sa.gov.au, "William Money" 1849.
- [S1381] Cornwall Online Parish Clerk, burial Benjamin Thomas 1852.
- [S1381] Cornwall Online Parish Clerk, burial Margaret Ann Thomas 1863.
- [S1691] State Records of South Australia - Royal Adelaide Hospital Admissions 1840-1904, online http://www.archives.sa.gov.au/, Jane Bassett 1865.
- [S14] Death Certificate, 116/1867.
- [S414] Garry Batt.
- [S9] Birth Certificate.
- [S1240] South Australian Birth Registrations 1842-1906.