M, #1012, b. 13 February 1807, d. 15 April 1893
|Father||William Williams2 b. 18 Jan 1778, d. Apr 1855|
|Relationship||3rd great-grandfather of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Charts||Ancestors of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Last Edited||10 Jan 2018|
|Birth*||13 February 1807||Penclawdd, Llanrhidian, Glamorgan, Wales;son of William & Anne, Blacksmith2|
|Marriage*||8 October 1829||St Marys, Swansea, Glamorgan, Wales;|
Llewelin Williams of the Parish of Llanridian Bachelor
and Margaret Walters of this Parish Spinster
were married in this Church by banns
this eighth Day of October in the Year One thousand eight hundred and twenty nine
By me Wm Hewson Vicar
This Marriage was solemnized between us:
In the Presence of:
William Davies;Bride=Margaret Walters3
|Census 1841*||6 June 1841||Blackpill, Oystermouth, Glamorgan, Wales;Lewellyn Williams, 30, Blacksmith|
Margaret Williams, 30
Ann Williams, 10
John Williams, 9
Elizabeth Williams, 6
Thomas Williams, 4
William Williams, 2;Wife=Margaret Walters, Daughter=Ann Williams, Son=John Llewellyn Williams, Daughter=Elizabeth Williams, Son=Thomas Williams, Son=William Williams4
|Birth of Daughter||1845||Oystermouth, Glamorgan, Wales;Principal=Lucy Williams5|
|Birth of Son||16 November 1846||Sketty, Glamorgan, Wales;Principal=Henry Williams6|
|Immigration*||21 June 1849||"Appleton", Port Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
S H I P P I N G.
June 21—The brig Appleton, 300 tons. Geo. Hullin, master, from Swansea. Passengers— Messrs John Cave, C. Francis, and Llewellyn Williams.7
|News-Arct||25 June 1849||"The Adelaide Times", Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
June 21—-The brig Appleton, 290 tons, George Hullin, from Swansea. Passengers—Messrs John Cave, C. Francis, and Llewellyn Williams.8
|News-Arct||30 June 1849||"The Adelaide Observer", Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
Monday, 25th June.
Llewellyn Williams, blacksmith (a new comer), charged with being drunk in Hindley-street, did not appear when called to take his plea.9
|Birth of Daughter||1850||Oystermouth, Glamorgan, Wales;Principal=Margaret Williams5|
|Birth of Son||1853||SA, Australia;Principal=Walter George Williams10|
|Death of Son||27 January 1855||SA, Australia;age 2, father Lewellyn Williams;Principal=Walter George Williams10|
|Death of Father||April 1855||Penclawdd, Llanrhidian, Glamorgan, Wales;Deceased=William Williams11|
|Birth of Son||3 December 1855||Mount Barker, SA, Australia;son of Lewellyn Williams & Margaret Walters;Principal=Walter George Williams12|
|News-Arct||13 September 1862||"The Adelaide Observer", Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
SUPREME COURT—CIVIL SITTINGS,
Monday, September 8.
[Before His Honor the Chief Justice.]
The Civil Sittings of the Supreme Court commenced to-day.
The Jury List.
The following Jurors were severally fined £5 for not appearing when their names were called on:—Llewellyn Williams, Mount Barter, farmer; and Patrick Ward. Willunga, farmer. Two Jurors—William Wattles and Charles White, gardener—were excused on the ground of age; and Edwin Watts, Mount Barker, farmer, who appeared by substitute, on the ground of illness.13
|News-Arct||26 October 1862||"The South Australian Advertiser", Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
SUPREME COURT—IN BANCO.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 27.
FIRST DAY OF TERM.
THE JURY LIST.
Llewellyn Williams, Mount Barker, farmer, who was fined £5 for non-attendance as a Juror at last sitting, was wrongly summoned.
Patrick Ward, Willunga, farmer, fined at the last sittings £5 for non-attendance, was excused on the ground of illness.14
|News-Arct||24 November 1882||"The Mount Barker Courier and Onkaparinga and Gumeracha Advertiser", Mount Barker, SA, Australia;|
Government Gazette Items.
Thursday, November 16th.
Real Property Act.—The following applications have been made to bring land under the provisions of the Real Property Act:—Llewellyn Williams, Mount Gambler, part Section 2890, Hundred of Macclesfield. Caveats in each case until Saturday, December 9.15
|Death of Daughter||20 February 1885||Mount Gambier, SA, Australia;|
When Died: 20th Feby 1885
Name and Surname: Ann Harmer
Age: Years 54 years
Rank or Profession: Widow
Usual Residence: Mount Gambier
Cause of Death: Heart Disease, Dropsy & Diarrhoea
Place where Death occurred: Mount Gambier
Signature, Description, and Residence of Informant: Samuel Dew, Undertaker, Mount Gambier;Principal=Ann Williams16
|Death*||15 April 1893||Yahl Paddock, SA, Australia;|
When Died: 1893 15th April
Name and Surname: Llewellyn Williams
Age: Years 86
Rank or Profession: Blacksmith
Usual Residence: Yahl Paddock
Cause of Death: Senile Decay
Place where Death occurred: Yahl Paddock
Signature, Description, and Residence of Informant: W Hall, Undertaker's Assistant, Mt Gambier16
|Burial*||April 1893||Lake Terrace Cemetery, Mount Gambier, SA, Australia;|
|News-Arct*||25 April 1893||"The South Australian Register", Adelaide, SA, Australia;|
Deaths of Old Colonists. — The S.E. Star of April 18 records the deaths of two very old colonists and old residents of the district. The first, Mr. Llewellyn Williams, father of Mr. Thomas Williams, J. P., of Moorak, and Mr. W. Williams, died on Saturday at the ripe old age of eighty-six. Mr. Williams arrived in the colony early in the fifties, and for several years was engaged in farming and blacksmithing at Mount Barker. Subsequently he went to Mount Gambier, and took up his residence at Yahl, where he had lived up to the time of his death.18
|Margaret Walters b. 14 Jun 1810, d. 21 Sep 1893|
- [S49] Marriage Certificate, Ade S 41/268.
- [S20] IGI.
- [S1318] St Mary's Church Swansea Marriages 1631-1837.
- [S1454] 1841 Census for Wales.
- [S1329] 1851 Census for Glamorgan, Wales.
- [S1708] Findmypast Glamorgan Baptisms, online http://www.findmypast.com/, Henry Williams 1846.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The South Australian Gazette and Mining Journal, Saturday, June 23, 1849.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Adelaide Times, Monday, June 25, 1849.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Adelaide Observer, Saturday, June 30, 1849.
- [S1244] South Australian Death Registrations 1842-1915.
- [S1564] Free REG.
- [S1696] Findmypast South Australia Births 1842-1928 Transcription, online http://www.findmypast.com/, Walter George Williams.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Adelaide Observer, Saturday, September 13, 1862.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The South Australian Advertiser, Tuesday, October 28, 1862.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Mount Barker Courier and Onkaparinga and Gumeracha Advertiser, Friday, November 24, 1882.
- [S14] Death Certificate.
- [S1603] Keith Bassett photos.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The South Australian Register, Tuesday, April 25, 1893.
- [S1308] GLA CEN 1841 - Oystermouth for Oystermouth, Glamorgan.
- [S1297] The Ships list.
- [S1239] South Australian Marriage Registrations 1842-1916, Gre 80/637.
- [S1240] South Australian Birth Registrations 1842-1906.