F, #982, b. circa 1778, d. 26 July 1839
|Relationship||4th great-grandmother of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Charts||Ancestors of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Last Edited||23 May 2017|
|Name Variation||Mary Stephens2|
|Conviction*||28 March 1799||Ilchester, Somerset;|
Stealing goods val. 30/- of Thomas Andrews4,5
|News-Arct*||4 April 1799||"Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette", Bath, Somerset;|
At the Assizes, for this county, which ended on Saturday at Taunton,
Mary Stevens, and Thos. Conway, for stealing cotton;
were sentenced to seven years transportation6
|Transported*||12 June 1801||"Earl Cornwallis", Sydney, NSW, Australia7|
|Birth of Daughter||7 September 1802||Sydney, NSW, Australia;Principal=Maria Lees8|
|Birth of Daughter||25 June 1804||Sydney, NSW, Australia;Principal=Hannah Lees8|
|Birth of Son||10 August 1805||Sydney, NSW, Australia;Principal=Richard Lees8|
|Muster 1806*||20 August 1806||Nepean, NSW, Australia;Mary Stephens, "Earl Cornwallis", Prisoner, Housekeeper, John Lees9|
|Muster 1806||20 August 1806||Nepean, NSW, Australia;Mary Stephens, "Earl Cornwallis", Convict, 1 male, 2 female natural children10|
|Birth of Son||19 September 1807||Windsor, NSW, Australia;Principal=John Lees8|
|Birth of Daughter||27 September 1809||Sydney, NSW, Australia;Principal=Mary Lees8|
|Marriage*||20 December 1809||St Philips Church, Sydney, NSW, Australia;John Leese & Mary Stephens by banns;Groom=John Lees2|
|Married Name||20 December 1809||Mary Lees2|
|Cert-Freedom*||5 January 1811||NSW, Australia;|
Name: Mary Stevens
Where Tried: Ilchester
When: March 1799
Sentence: Seven Years
Ship: E. Cornwallis
When Arrived: 1801
When term expired: March 1806
Date of Certificate: 5 Jany 181111
|Birth of Daughter||12 January 1812||Windsor, NSW, Australia;Principal=Esther Lees8|
|Birth of Son||12 November 1813||Windsor, NSW, Australia;Principal=Samuel Lees8|
|Birth of Son||19 December 1815||Castlereagh, NSW, Australia;Principal=Timothy Lees8|
|Birth of Daughter||20 April 1818||Castlereagh, NSW, Australia;Principal=Sarah Lees8|
|Death of Son||June 1818||Castlereagh, NSW, Australia;Deceased=Samuel Lees12|
|Death of Daughter||13 December 1819||Sydney, NSW, Australia;Principal=Maria Lees13|
|Birth of Son||25 July 1821||Castlereagh, NSW, Australia;Principal=Cornelius Lees14|
|Death of Spouse||28 August 1836||Nepean, NSW, Australia;Principal=John Lees13,15|
|Death*||26 July 1839||Christ Church, Castlereagh, NSW, Australia;|
Name: Mary Stevens
When Died: 26th July 1839
When Buried: 27th July 1839
Quality or Profession (if bond, name of ship): Royal Admiral, Widow to John Lees
By whom the ceremony was performed: Henry Fulton16
|John Lees b. c 1777, d. 28 Aug 1836|
- [S1664] Ancestry Convict Transportation Registers, online https://ancestry.com, Mary Stevens "Earl Cornwallis."
- [S1570] NSW Early Church Records 1788-1855, V1809893 3A/1809 marriage John Leese & Mary Stephens.
- [S1411] Gransden Family Web Page.
- [S1222] Convicts to Australia.
- [S47] Merle Kavanagh. John Lees the Chapel Builder.
- [S1688] Findmypast British newspapers, online http://www.findmypast.com/, Bath Chronicle and Weekly Gazette, April 4, 1799.
- [S1307] The Port Jackson Convicts Anthology.
- [S1220] NSW Baptisms 1788-1855.
- [S1323] General Muster of NSW 1806 for Sydney, Australia.
- [S1322] Marsden's Female Muster 1806 for Sydney, Australia.
- [S1398] Certificate of Freedom.
- [S1473] NSW Death Indexes.
- [S1223] NSW Deaths 1788-1975.
- [S1464] NSW Baptism Transcripts.
- [S1241] Penrith City e-history.
- [S1480] Microfilm of the Burial of Christ Church Castlereagh, 1828-1875.
- [S651] NSW BDM Indexes.