M, #7048, b. 3 July 1880, d. 18 January 1947
|Father||Arthur Thomas Medcalf1 d. 25 Apr 1914|
|Mother||Caroline Pike1 b. 27 Feb 1846, d. 16 Sep 1925|
|Relationship||1st cousin 3 times removed of Keith Graham Bassett|
|Last Edited||10 Sep 2018|
|Birth*||3 July 1880||Albury, NSW, Australia1|
|Death of Father||25 April 1914||"Gillenbine", Trundle, NSW, Australia;|
aged 74 years;Deceased=Arthur Thomas Medcalf3,4
|Death of Mother||16 September 1925||NSW, Australia;|
aged 81 years;Deceased=Caroline Pike5
|Death||6 January 1947||Elong Elong, NSW, Australia2|
|Obituary*||18 January 1947||"The Wellington Times", Wellington, NSW, Australia;|
MR. JOHN COLE MEDCALF
The death occurred at Elong Elong on January 6th, of Mr. John Cole Medcalf, of ''Allandale” at the age of 66 years. Deceased, who was a well known and highly respected person of the district leaves a widow, three sons and two daughters.
The late Mr. Medcalf's three sons are Colin, John and Robert, of Cobbora, and the two daughters are Marie (Mrs. A. T. Sheridan, of Coolah) and Margaret, of Cobbora.
Deceased also leaves two sisters, Mrs. Bloomfield (Sydney) and Mrs. Bird (Bathurst) and three brothers Robert (Tottenham), William (Trundle) and Edward (Bathurst).
The funeral took place in the Church of England portion of the Dunedoo cemetery, after a service at the home of the deceased, where Rev. H. Graham officiated.
Messrs. Murray Bros. of Wellington, had charge of the funeral arrangements.2
- [S1472] NSW Birth Indexes.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Wellington Times, Thursday, January 18, 1947.
- [S1553] Australian Cemeteries Index, online http://austcemindex.com, Trundle Cemetery NSW.
- [S1565] Trove digitised newspapers, online http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/, The Leader and Orange Stock and Station News, Tuesday, April 28, 1914.
- [S1597] Australia Cemetery Index, 1808-2007, online https://ancestry.com, Trundle Cemetery NSW.